BUCHAREST – Car production in Romania rose 15% in 2002 to 65,266 vehicles. Romania’s biggest car maker, Automobile Dacia SA, produced 44,435 passenger cars, a 7.2% rise. Dacia is expected to unveil details about a facelift of the Dacia SupeRNova, codenamed L90, soon. The modernized version may be offered with a 1.9L Renault diesel engine. Daewoo Automobile Romania S.A. was able to manufacture 19,962 cars, up 39.3% from 2001. Struggling off-road maker ARO S.A. made only 869 SUVs, down ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Romanian Car Production Up in 2002" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642