Although impending new rotary engine-powered Mazda Motor Corp. vehicles will be the flagships for the rotary engine community, they are not alone in the rebirth of interest in this segment of engine technology. Mazda is the leading worldwide developer and producer of Wankel-type rotary engines — and its new rotary sports car, sources say, will be named RX8. That car, and a rotary powered sports sedan to follow, can be expected to focus new attention on unconventional internal combustion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rotary engines on the comeback trail" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642