VIENNA — In what is being called a politically motivated move, Russian tax authorities have launched a criminal case against top executives at Russia's largest automaker, AO AvtoVAZ. The government alleges that AvtoVAZ evaded about US$600 million in sales taxes by producing cars with the same vehicle identification number and under reporting the number of cars it produced. The case concerns the year 1996 and the number of unofficially produced cars would be about 280,000. AvtoVAZ ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russian police pursue AvtoVAZ on tax evasion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642