VIENNA – Russian President Dmitry Medvedev joined with General Motors Europe President Carl-Peter Forster to inaugurate the auto maker’s new $300 million car plant in Shushary, on the outskirts of St. Petersburg, Friday. OOO General Motors Avto’s new facility, which has a capacity of 70,000 units annually, will assemble cars from completely knocked-down kits. It already has begun building the Chevrolet Captiva cross/utility vehicle and will add the upscale Opel Antara CUV in early 2009. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russian President Helps Inaugurate Latest GM Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642