VIENNA – Lada maker OAO AvtoVAZ has turned down a chance to buy General Motors Corp.'s engine plant in Bochum, Germany. The offer to sell the facility followed earlier talks between the two auto makers concerning a possible joint venture to manufacture engines, AvtoVAZ says in a statement. But the potential purchase deal proved to be a less attractive offer, Russia's largest auto maker says. “The board of directors decided to decline the proposal, as it is not equal to the project ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russia's AvtoVAZ Says No to Opel Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642