DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes-Benz unit says its next-generation S-Class flagship sedan will feature an updated version of its Pre-Safe crash avoidance system. The revised system utilizes two complimentary radar frequencies to detect vehicles up ahead and warn of a potential impact, while priming the braking system for faster response during hard braking. Front seat-belts are tightened just before a possible impact and the front seats are moved to a position providing better occupant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S-Class Gains Crash Avoidance Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642