Mercedes-Benz's all-new S-Class, which went on sale this month, is being offered with just two V-8 engines initially. Those wanting the company's all-new V-12 that debuts in the company's flagship CL coupe will have to wait until 2000, Mercedes says. Pricing for the V-12 model has not been announced. The base price for the S430 is $69,700; the 5.0L V-8 S500 will start at $77,850. The company had forecast a 50/50 sales split with the two V-8s, but the current order rate shows 70% of buyers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S-Class V-12 Still Year Away" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642