Even though every Saab ever built has been front-wheel drive, the Swedish carmaker is seeking to develop vehicles that have all-wheel drive (AWD), says Saab Cars U.S.A. President Dan Chasins. "We have to respond to the growing demand for AWD," he says. Such a product could become Saab’s first cross/utility vehicle (CUV), he adds. However, Mr. Chasins says that a Saab CUV would not use the current Buick Rendezvous platform as once had been rumored. Reports out of Europe suggest a Saab CUV ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saab to Go AWD; U.S. Output Possible" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642