“Safe Car of the Millennium” is quite an honor, despite the fact that cars only have existed for about 10% of that period. This millennium's recipient of the award, given by the International Brain Injury Association, is BMW AG. The automaker's Head Protection System is lauded for its prevention of head injuries. This side-impact airbag, standard on all BMW sedans and new 3-series coupes, is integrated in the A-pillar and roofline. The HPS inflates in 0.02 seconds, half the time of normal ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Safety for the ages" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642