Momentum from 0% financing and bigger rebate programs in July will carry into August and keep volume on the plus side, according to a Ward's forecast for the month. But waning consumer interest in incentives and a tight supply of vehicles at General Motors Corp. likely means sales won’t be able to maintain July’s hot pace. August’s seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) for light vehicles should come in at 16.9 million, down from the prior month’s 18.1 million, but above ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sales to Stay Strong in August; Third-Quarter Pegged at 16.9 Million" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642