CHICAGO – Saturn Corp. confirms it has scrapped plans to add a larger midsize SUV as a companion to its compact Vue that's new for '02. (see related story). Codenamed the 318, the bigger SUV didn't get production approval and is no longer in the game plan, says Jill Lajdziak, Saturn vice president-sales and marketing. But GM North America Chairman Bob Lutz says Saturn will get another new vehicle instead, a machine he calls a "crossover that's ‘wagonesque’ but which won't be unique to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saturn Dumps Midsize SUV Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642