TURIN – Swedish commercial-vehicle maker Scania AB may be interested in purchasing the 15% of Indian truck builder Ashok Leyland Ltd. controlled by Italy’s Iveco SpA, reports out of India suggest. AB Volvo, a competitor of Scania, also is rumored to be a candidate to purchase the shares, but Ashok Leyland has denied that possibility. Ashok Leyland is the second biggest commercial-vehicle producer in India. Some 15 months ago, Fiat SpA-owned Iveco and India’s Hinduja Group, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scania Could Buy Iveco's Stake in Ashok Leyland" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642