Scania AB of Sweden and Germany’s MAN AG ink a pact to produce gearboxes and axles jointly to lessen high development costs. Under terms of the agreement, MAN reportedly will adapt some of its axles and transfer cases for use in Scania trucks, while Scania will adapt certain gearboxes for MAN vehicles. Production will commence after a 3-year development phase, say the two companies.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scania, MAN in Pact to Make Gearboxes, Axles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642