DaimlerChrysler AG Chairman Juergen Schrempp says he was “coached” to used the term “merger of equals” to describe the combination of Chrysler Corp. and Daimler-Benz AG. Schrempp also tells the U.S. District Court hearing the case brought against DC by investor Kirk Kerkorian’s Tracinda Corp. that it was former Chrysler Chairman Robert Eaton who prompted use of that term for “psychological reasons.” “It is very important as a symbol. That’s what he said and…that’s what we did,” published ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Schrempp Admits Avoiding Division Label" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642