DETROIT – Don’t expect Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s youth-oriented Scion brand to offer hybrid-electric vehicles anytime soon. In fact, Jim Lentz, executive vice president-TMSUSA, says Scion owners are even less interested in HEVs now than when the brand first was established nationwide in 2004. “If you ask a young buyer if they are interested in hybrids, they say absolutely,” Lentz tells Ward’s in a recent interview. “And then you ask a buyer if you had $2,000 to pay, would you buy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scion Buyers Unwilling to Shell Out for Hybrids" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642