DETROIT – Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.'s youth brand likely will get a pure electric vehicle, despite Scion officials’ earlier insistence that EVs and hybrids are not something young buyers are clamoring for. The reason is because Toyota's upcoming electric city car, due out in 2012, is based on Scion's future iQ minicar. "It makes the most sense to (make the EV a Scion)," Lentz tells Ward's on the sidelines of the Automotive News World Congress here. “It'll have a different front ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scion EV Likely; Toyota Consolidating Customer Databases" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642