CHICAGO – Toyota Motor Corp.’s 8.7% stake in Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., maker of Subaru cars, acquired in 2005, has auto industry insiders speculating as to how Toyota plans to take advantage of some of Subaru’s technologies. Mark Templin, vice president of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s Scion youth brand, admits he has an eye on Subaru’s all-wheel-drive systems. “It’s one of the things I talk about a lot,” Templin tells Ward’s. “And if you’ve watched the growth of AWD cars in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scion Studying AWD, Hybrids to Grow Brand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642