WAYNE, MI – Ford Motor Co. is considering further capacity actions, including additional targeted buyouts of hourly workers and possibly shifting production of certain vehicles. “It’s clear that we need to reduce more of our hourly workforce from a total numbers standpoint, given where the market and economy is and where our demand is,” says Joe Hinrichs, Ford group vice president-global manufacturing, adding the auto maker has taken 1 million units of straight-time capacity out of its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sea Change in Truck Sales Has Ford Charting New Course" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642