MADRID – SEAT SA unleashes another answer to Spain’s new carbon-dioxide emissions tax with the rollout of the Leon Ecomotive, a second model from the Volkswagen AG subsidiary clean enough to dodge the penalty. Under Spain’s new CO2 laws, vehicles producing less than 120 g/km (roughly equivalent to 45 mpg) are exempt from the registration tax, which tops out at 14.75% of the sale price of the vehicle for those emitting more than 200 g/km. SEAT says the Leon Ecomotive’s 105-hp, 1.9L TDI ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SEAT Launches New Leon Ecomotive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642