As the U.S. auto industry braces for the fallout from the â€śCash for Clunkersâ€ť program that pushed August light-vehicle deliveries to more than 1 million units for the first time in 2009, Wardâ€™s is forecasting September sales will reach about 765,000, in line with the yearâ€™s first half. This equates to a 30,500 daily sales rate over 25 selling days, down 37% from August (26 days) and 23.7% below year-ago (over 24 days). At those levels, Septemberâ€™s seasonally adjusted annual rate will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"September Sales to Feel Impact of Clunkersâ€™ End" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642