SHANGHAI — When the first batch of saleable Buick sedans begin rolling off the line at the Shanghai GM Automotive Co. Ltd.'s joint venture plant here in April, China believes it will at last have the capability to manufacture an exportable upscale sedan. Meanwhile, on the other side of the Huangpu River that slices through the city, the construction of a vehicle test track and a research and development center for Volkswagen AG's Shanghai operation is approaching completion. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shanghai's potential lures global car manufacturers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642