SOUTHFIELD, MI – Inventory control specialists hold the key to efficient dealer service operations, says Bob Bennett, retired Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A Inc. group vice president. When the auto maker revamped its parts distribution system in the 1990s, Bennett – president and executive consultant of Efficient Distribution, LLC – noticed few dealers employed inventory control specialists. Toyota recycled stock replenishment time to 14 hours from 96 hours. "There were plenty of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shelve Old Inventory Control Practices, Consultant Urges" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642