After nearly a decade of research and development, Siemens Automotive says it will be the first supplier to begin volume production of piezohydraulic injectors, opening the door to the second generation of common rail diesel injection for passenger cars. A Western European customer will be the first to receive the new high-pressure injection system, by the end of next year, followed soon after by a second major vehicle manufacturer. Siemens expects common rail to accelerate the penetration ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Siemens Readies New Injectors for Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642