Siemens Automotive again aims its focus on safety. The Tier One supplier recently unveiled its weight classification system (WCS), a seat-integrated system designed to determine the occupant's weight and location. By establishing the size of the occupant, the WCS is then able to deploy the airbag at a corresponding force in the event of an impact. Smaller or out-of-position occupants force the airbag to deploy with less intensity, while adult males most likely will face a full-force ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Siemens smart seat sees occupant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642