DEARBORN – Ford Motor Co. should dial back the reliance on Six Sigma and everyone should emulate Toyota Motor Corp. and Delphi Corp. when it comes to lean manufacturing, in the opinion of the man behind the annual Shingo awards that recognize manufacturing excellence. Ross E. Robson, associate dean of business relations at Utah State University and executive director of the Shingo Prize, is a lean appraiser of the state of manufacturing in North America. He pulled no punches in comments to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Six Sigma Overkill at Ford, Says Shingo Prize Chief" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642