MADRID – Sales gains in the domestic market as well as Western Europe in August are not enough to prevent Spanish auto makers from scaling back production, idling workers and seeing plant closings by two major suppliers. Light-vehicle deliveries last month jumped 7.7% in Western Europe and 5.9% in Spain from year-ago, industry associations here report. But year-to-date, sales are off 1.3% in Western Europe and have plummeted 22.2% in Spain from like-2010. Adam Opel will idle the 7,200 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Slow Sales Prompt Furloughs at Opel Spain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642