CANBERRA – Australia's auto industry is confident of setting its fourth-straight annual-sales record after August returns the seventh monthly-record result this year. Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries figures show 86,179 cars, trucks and buses were sold last month – up 6,935 units, or 8.8%, over the previous record for August set last year. Year-to-date, Australian sales number 33,650, or 5.3%, ahead of the 663,445 units sold in like-2004. “Despite predictions that housing and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Small Cars Drive Oz August Sales to New Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642