A shift away from the largest, thirstiest vehicles toward more fuel-efficient transportation in the face of rising fuel prices helped small engines, particularly 4- and 5-cyl. powerplants, stage a comeback in the light-truck market in the β06 model year and increased the small-engine share of the total market. Related document: Domestic Light Vehicle Production Summary by Engine, '97-'06 Model Years A Wardβs survey of β06 model-year North American production of cars and light trucks for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Small Engines Gain in β06 Model Year Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642