CANBERRA – Small passenger car sales boomed in January, as the Australian vehicle market rose 0.4% year-on-year to a record 70,003 units. Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries figures show the light-car segment in the month jumped 35.5% to 9,114 units. Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. remained the top-selling brand with 14,383 units, ahead of GM Holden Ltd. with 11,503 and Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. with 7,435. Nevertheless, sales of domestically-built light vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Smaller Cars Push OZ January Sales Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642