GENEVA – DaimlerChrysler AG’s Smart brand is taking a close look at whether it can source additional engines from Tritec Motors Ldta, a joint venture between DC’s Chrysler Group and BMW AG. Tritec was formed before the merger that created DC. The JV currently supplies engines for use in BMW’s Mini small car, a relationship BMW wants to sever once its contract runs out. Smart could source engines from Tritec JV in Brazil. Juergen Hubbert, who oversees DC’s Mercedes-Benz, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Smart Considers Sourcing Engines From Tritec" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642