B&F Technik Vertriebs GmbH in Speyer, Germany, has adapted the Suprex 0.6L turbocharged engine — used in the DaimlerChrysler Smart City Coupe and Cabrio — for aircraft duty. The engine turns out to be a natural for light aircraft, with few changes needed. B&F Technik uses the Suprex's own engine management system to automatically adjust the turbocharger boost pressure, fuel injection and ignition for optimum performance at a given altitude and oxygen content. This allows almost ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Smart engine takes to the sky" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642