GENEVA — Micro Compact Car smart GmbH (MCC) will run a nine-country ad campaign from April through June to revive sales of the two-passenger city car. In addition, DM500 (US$294) worth of equipment has been added to the basic car and prices have been cut by about US$900 in Italy and France, where sales are running well behind projections. The slow sales will force MCC, a subsidiary of DaimlerChrysler, to idle production for two weeks in April. “Switzerland is doing better than expected ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Smart looks to jump start sales with new ads" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642