The South African Department of Trade and Industry says it has completed its internal review of the Motor Industry Development Program and will present the plan to the cabinet by the end of the month. The MIDP aims to promote investment and create employment in the country's emerging automotive sector via a variety of incentives offered to auto makers, including tax rebates. The incentives under the current plan are slated to expire in 2012, but an extended timeframe of 2020 is expected to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"South Africa Completes MIDP Review" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642