JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – South African consumers are taking advantage of low interest rates and kicking car sales into high gear. Total vehicle sales for June rose 27%, to record sales of 38,188. Toyota Tazz was South Africa’s best-selling car in June. Sales for the year’s first half were 20% higher than like-2003, and if the trend continues the industry may be in for its best performance since the early 1980s. The highest sales year recorded by the industry was in 1981, when a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"South African June Sales Put Industry on Track for Record Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642