JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – A review of South Africa’s Motor Industry Development Program (MIDP) should be finalized by the end of March, a government official says. The MIDP was launched in 1995 as part of a government initiative to improve global competitiveness of the South African automobile manufacturing sector and is due to end in 2012. The review has caused much tension within the industry, as fears grow it could result in a reduction in benefits currently enjoyed by local ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"South African Review of Auto Industry Nears Completion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642