The movement to discontinue offering spare tires as standard equipment appears to be gaining momentum, as auto makers seek ways to better utilize vehicle space and cut weight. However, the two leading options for replacing spares – run-flat tires and tire-inflation kits – continue to present their own marketing hurdles for vehicle manufacturers. Run-flats, which have been on the market for years, are on average nearly twice the price of traditional tires. They also affect vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Spare Tires Being Replaced By Run-Flats, Inflation Kits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642