How many categories will there be in the sport/utility vehicle (SUV) segment? For now, no one really knows, but Ford Motor Co.'s Sport Trac is the first of a new kind of truck that further blurs the concept of what constitutes an SUV. Aimed at buyers who want an SUV but need — or think they need — the versatility of a pickup truck, Ford says customer input drove development of the Sport Trac. “A lot of SUV customers told us they loved the roominess (of the standard Explorer), but they ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sport Trac: Blurring the line between pickups, SUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642