How many categories can there be in the sport/utility vehicle (SUV) segment? For now no one really knows, but Ford Motor Co.'s Sport Trac is the first of a new kind of truck that further blurs what constitutes an SUV. It's a trend that will continue in the segment that will have no less than 40 models by 2002 and about 70 by 2005. “We don't know how many segments there are in this category,” says George Murphy, Ford Div. general marketing manager, at a media preview last week of the new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sport Trac Blurs Pickup/SUV Line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642