General Motors Corp. has begun production of the new ’03 Saturn Ion at its Spring Hill, TN, manufacturing plant. GM and United Auto Workers officials were on hand Aug. 29 at Spring Hill as the last Saturn S-Series rolled off the production line and the first Ion followed behind it. The first S-Series was built at Spring Hill on July 31, 1990. Its replacement, the Ion, is the first vehicle GM has launched based on its Delta small-car platform. The Ion sedan will hit Saturn showrooms in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Spring Hill Begins Saturn Ion Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642