For the first time, Ssangyong Motor Co. Ltd. has unseated Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. as South Korea’s leading producer of luxury-class cars. In the first seven months, Ssangyong wrested the title from Hyundai by selling 8,434 units of its New Chairman against Hyundai’s 7,865 sales for its luxury flagship Equus. Hyundai officials decline comment. The New Chairman was introduced in November. It replaced the former Chairman, in production since 1997 and developed in a cooperative venture with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ssangyong New Chairman Unseats Hyundai Equus as Luxury Car Leader" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642