Regional fire departments battle blazes set by strikers at Ssangyong Motor Co. Ltd.’s Pyeongtaek, South Korea, plant after police storm the 5-story building that houses one of the facility’s paint shops. The No.1 paint line now is completely occupied by police and Ssangyong employees, a Ssangyong source on the scene tells Ward’s by cell phone. Police are holding back from entering the No.2 paint shop because strikers are threatening to burn it down, Kang Hee-rak, chief of Korea’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ssangyong Strikers Set Paint Shop Ablaze; Police Fight Offenders With Fire Hose" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642