Chevrolet Div.'s SSR retro-styled pickup now confirmed for production in late 2002 as an '03 model is an ideal candidate for composite body panels, Ward's sources say. General Motors Corp. hasn't provided details of what materials might be used in the vehicle. “The flowing, rounded shape of the SSR would be especially well suited to composites,” says an independent industry authority. “I don't know how many they'll make, but if it's 30,000 or 40,000 a year — or less — that would be just ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SSR Could Get Composite Body" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642