BEIJING — China produced 1.83 million motor vehicles and sold 1.83 million units in 1999, up 12.3% and 14.2%, respectively, from the previous year, state data shows. Passenger cars accounted for about one-third of overall sales for the year. Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. holds a 40.0% stake in the market. Government data indicates production of heavy-duty trucks rose 35.2% over 1998, while sales increased 30.3%. Medium-truck production rose by 40.0% over 1998. A recent state ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"State reports double-digit rise in automotive sales, production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642