WEVTU has obtained an Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) report dated Sept. 24, 1999, that its I/M-240 emissions test contractor, Envirotest, was fined $843,240 for 35,173 violations during the first six months of 1999 in the Chicago area and part of Illinois close to St. Louis. The Envirotest-run I/M-240 program in Illinois is the largest of its kind in the U.S. The contractor has had many years of experience with I/M-240 testing, some of which has been discontinued or is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"State tester fined for thousands of violations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642