The fate of the slow selling Chevrolet Camaro/Pontiac Firebird and the plant in Ste. Therese, Que., that makes the sports cars may no longer be intertwined. Supplier and company sources tell Ward's the F-body cars will go out of production in 2002 and may resurface, a la Ford Thunderbird, years later with a retro design. Meanwhile, General Motors Corp. has agreed to study various alternatives for Ste. Therese after the Camaro/Firebird's demise in three years. Canadian Auto Workers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ste. Therese May Have Future; F-body Gone" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642