Only a few years ago, the steel industry was plagued by overcapacity and it was a buyer’s market. Now the tables have turned, and soaring steel prices have become the bane of many U.S. industries, none more than automotive. Rising steel prices usually are cited as one of the main reasons behind the recent spate of supplier bankruptcies. Unfortunately, little relief is in sight. Wim van Acker, managing partner at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants-North America, predicts historically ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Steel Prices to Remain Painfully High" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642