U.S. light-vehicle sales in December strolled to their 16th consecutive increase from the same year-ago month, as the industry ended the century by notching a new all-time calendar year high in 1999. Light vehicle sales totaled 1.393 million units in December for a daily selling rate (DSR) of 53,561, 4.3% above like-1998's 51,370 (26 selling days both periods). December's seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) was 17.35 million, compared to the prior month's 17.09 million and year-ago's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strong December Caps Record U.S. Sales Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642