U.S. light vehicle sales continued to outdistance even the most optimistic expectations in May, rising 5.4% above year-ago for a ninth consecutive increase. Furthermore, last month's volume of 1.59 million pushed 12-month sales through May to 16.06 million, a new record for any 12-month period, besting the previous record of 16.05 million posted calendar year 1986. May's daily selling rate (DSR) of 63,600 (26 selling days) is now the second best on record — at least in the last 20 years — ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strong May U.S. Sales Cap 12-Month Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642