PARIS – Pressures to reduce carbon-dioxide emissions will create a market for electric vehicle batteries of E10 billion-E30 billion ($15 billion-$45 billion) annually by 2020, a report by Roland Berger concludes. The Germany-based consultant’s optimistic scenario, predicated on continued government support, calls for global sales of 8 million-10 million plug-in hybrids and EVs annually beginning in 2020. Electrification already is changing the automotive landscape, with new OE entrants ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Study Forecasts Big Market for EVs, Batteries" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642