A British researcher says turn signals located inside headlamps could have a negative impact on traffic safety. Andrew Bayliss of the University of Wales Bangor School of Psychology says turn-signal positioning can deceive pedestrians and other motorists about a vehicle’s heading. “Several modern cars position the right (turn signal) to the left of the right headlight and the left (turn signal) to the right of the left headlight,” Bayliss says. “This study (published in the Journal of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Study Questions Turn Signal Position" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642